2016 Christmas Show– The 2016 Christmas Show sign up for the cast and crew will be in the Dining Room after the 10:15 am service until 1:30 pm. People for all areas of the show are needed.
Tuesday Bible Study –meets this week on October 25, at 2 :00 pm in the Conference Room. The study will focus on the book of Luke.
Minute for Mission Learning Event on Addiction Services – with Alan Mathis, the Executive Director for Liberation Programs, today Sunday, October 23 during the 10:15 a.m. service. This will be followed by a presentation in the library. Refreshments will be served and childcare is available.
Festival Choir —We invite all singers who are not regular choir members to join us for the FESTIVAL CHOIR today during the 10: 15 am service.
Blood Pressure Screening and Flu Shots on Sunday, October 30 — Blood Pressure Screenings and Flu shots will be administered in the Conference Room on Sunday, October 30 the Conference Room from 11:30 to 1 pm.
*Things you need to know before getting the flu shot:
- Flu vaccines are on a first come first served basis to people age 4 and over. People under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Cost for the flu vaccine is $45 payable by cash, check, or can be billed directly to Aetna, Anthem, Connecticare, Fallon, Harvard Pilgrim, Healthy CT., Multi-Plan, Unicare, Wellcare or Medicare part B. Please bring your insurance card with you. Copies will be made.
- High Dose ( for people 65 and older) vaccine will be available for those who would like it instead of the regular doe vaccine. The cost is $60.00.
- For additional information call the Flu Info-line at 203-834-6341, ext. 444. To speak to a nurse, please call 203-762-8958.
- If you are unable to attend the clinic at St. John’s, Visiting Nurse and Hospice of Fairfield County will be holding a clinic time each Wednesday between September 28th to November 23rd, from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm in it’s office located at 761 Main Ave., suite 114, Norwalk, CT. No appointment is necessary.
Brass Concert October 30—St John’s will present a concert by COLLECTIVE BRASS, a high energy brass quintet that performs a wide range of repertoire. The brass ensemble is led by Bill Owens, who has served as the church’s resident trumpeter for the past several years. Bill is a member of the West Point Band, as are several of the ensemble’s other members. This concert, which will take place in the sanctuary on Sunday, October 30th at 3pm, will feature music from the Renaissance through to modern compositions. Tickets will be available at the door: $20 for adults and $10 for students and seniors. For more information, please speak with Chris Shepard or follow this link https://www.facebook.com/events/566191476922730/?ti=icl.
ALL SAINTS SUNDAY—All Saints Sunday is November 6, 2016. It is a special day to remember loved ones who have passed. Please send the names to the parish office or call Sandie at 203-348-2619 x10 or email her at email@example.com.
Veterans’ Day Luncheon—The St. John’s Women’s Group will be hosting a luncheon for all who have served our country on Saturday, November 12, at 11 am in the Dining Room. For more information please call Parish Administrator Sandie DeFilippis at 203-348-2619 ex. 10.
St. John’s Wireless Network—Internet Access is here! – It is available in the Dining Room, basement, Eagle’s Loft, library, and near all classrooms. The password for Internet Access at St. John’s is STJOHNS628; case sensitive.